Pages

Monday, January 13, 2020

Spaghetti Sauce - Make and Can

When I was in my early twenties, my Grandmother taught me how to can tomatoes.  She did this over the phone.  She had given me a bunch of her old canning things.  I also had her Spaghetti sauce recipe.  Unfortunately, over the course the following couple of years, she passed, we moved, I lost all of the canning stuff along with her spaghetti sauce recipe.  I didn't start canning again until a few years ago.  So, it had been over twenty years since I canned.  We canned some tomatoes and just made them into spaghetti saw which we canned.  By we, I mean my husband and me.  We love doing the canning together!


Spaghetti Sauce

16 lbs Tomatoes
4 C Finely Chopped Onions
1/4 C Minced Garlic
1 C Olive Oil
1/4 C Basil
1/4 C Oregano
1 Tbsp Sugar
1 Tsp Salt
2 Tsp Pepper
24 Oz. Tomato Paste


Chop blend or puree tomatoes and place in thick-bottomed pot.  Saute onions. garlic and oil until onions are translucent.  Add to tomatoes along with basil, oregano, sugar, salt pepper and paste. 


Simmer for 2-3 hours or until desired thickness.

  



Process in steam bath canner 20 minutes for quarts and 15 minutes for pints. Follow your canners directions .  Start with hot water, place on medium heat and start timing from the time steam starts coming out.


Enjoying my recipes?
REMEMBER, LIKE, COMMENT, TWEET, PIN AND SHARE!!!
(¯`v´¯)
`*.¸.*´
¸.•´¸.•*¨) ¸.•*¨)
(¸.•´ (¸.•´ .•´ ¸¸.•¨¯`•.•:*¨¨*:•..•:*¨¨*:•..•:*¨¨*:•..•...
┊  ┊  ☆
┊  ★
☆☆ Like  “Share”  Comment  Repost Tag Join Whip it Up Recipes

No comments:

Post a Comment