Pages

Thursday, January 11, 2018

Hot Chicken Sundae


I have to tell you first where this idea came from.  We were at the NY State Fair a few years ago and I saw a sign for "Hot Beef Sundae".  I had no idea what one was and was thinking "Ewww, must be something off the wall like deep fried ice cream or something."

My husband and I decided to ask the people at the concession stand what they were so we tried them and OMG!!  We liked them so much that a few weeks later, I made them myself.

A couple of months ago, I thought why not make a Hot Chicken Sundae and I proceeded to do just that.  And we had it again, tonight.
What is a Hot Chicken Sundae?  Well, it's mashed potatoes which represent the ice cream, top that with chicken and gravy to represent the syrup, sprinkle on shredded cheese, then add a spoonful of sour cream and top with a cherry or grape tomato (the cherry!)

Now, I don't measure or weight anything when I cook.   So, I will tell you approximately what I used. 

INGREDIENTS
4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
2 - 10.5 oz cans of chicken gravy  (you can make your own)
5 medium sized potatoes
shredded cheddar cheese
sour cream
cherry or grape tomatoes


DIRECTIONS

Cook, then shred the chicken.  I let the shredded chicken sit in the broth until we were ready to use it.

Peel, cook and mash the potatoes.

I heated the gravy while I was mashing the potatoes.

Layer mashed potatoes, chicken, gravy, cheese, sour cream and finally the tomato and enjoy!

Side note: I had way too much chicken so, I am freezing it for another day.

REMEMBER, LIKE, COMMENT, TWEET, PIN AND SHARE!!!
(¯`v´¯)
`*.¸.*´
¸.•´¸.•*¨) ¸.•*¨)
(¸.•´ (¸.•´ .•´ ¸¸.•¨¯`•.•:*¨¨*:•..•:*¨¨*:•..•:*¨¨*:•..•...
┊  ┊  ☆
┊  ★
☆☆✔ Like ✔ “Share” ✔ Comment ✔ Repost ✔Tag ✔Join Whip it Up Recipes 
FACEBOOK GROUP -  https://www.facebook.com/groups/whipitup/

No comments:

Post a Comment