Pages

Wednesday, January 24, 2018

April's Marinated London Broil

This past week, my Husband and I bought this great, thick cut of London Broil.
 I wanted to do something different with this beautiful piece of meat and decided to make my own marinade for it.  So, I gathered up some ingredients and did just that!



I started by peeling and chopping up the baby onion.  I then combined it, the lemon juice, balsamic vinaigrette, olive oil, thyme, minced garlic, and oregano in a medium bowl.


Once this was well blended, I poured the mixture into a ziplock bag.   I then pierced the london broil 6 times each on both sides with a fork. Then placed the meat in the bag.






I let this marinate in the refrigerator for about 24 hours.  I flipped the London Broil over in the morning to let the juices flow through to the other side.


This is how it looked before I put it in the oven.  I sprinkled on the salt and pepper before placing it in the oven.  It was so aromatic I just knew it was going to be delicious!


 I broiled it for 6 minutes on each side and it came out perfectly rare!



It was so mouth-watering delicious, packed full of flavor.  This piece of meat  was nice and juicy, tender and melted in your mouth!  I served it with Roasted Potato Wedges (recipe)

April's Marinated London Broil

INGREDIENTS:

1 Baby Onion; peeled and chopped
3 Tbsps Lemon Juice
3 Tbsps Balsamic Viniagrette
1 Tbsp Olive Oil
1 Tsp Thyme Leaves (or 2 tsp fresh Thyme)
1 1/2 tsp Minced Garlic (or 4 cloves; minced)
1 Tsp dried oregano (or 1 Tbsp Fresh oregano)
1-2 lbs London Broil  (Mine was about 1 1/2 lbs)
1/4 tsp Salt
1/4 Tsp Pepper

DIRECTIONS:

Combine first 7 ingredients in medium bowl then pour into zip lock bag.  Pierce London Broil with a fork 6 times on each side; add to bag, seal.

Marinate in refrigerator overnight, flipping over in the morning.

Preheat broiler.

Remove meat from bag, place on broiler pan.  Sprinkle with the salt and pepper.  Broil 4 inches from heat for 6 minutes on each side or until desired doneness.  Let stand 10 minutes.



REMEMBER, LIKE, COMMENT, TWEET, PIN AND SHARE!!!
(¯`v´¯)
`*.¸.*´
¸.•´¸.•*¨) ¸.•*¨)
(¸.•´ (¸.•´ .•´ ¸¸.•¨¯`•.•:*¨¨*:•..•:*¨¨*:•..•:*¨¨*:•..•...
┊  ┊  ☆
┊  ★
☆☆✔ Like ✔ “Share” ✔ Comment ✔ Repost ✔Tag ✔Join Whip it Up Recipes 

FACEBOOK GROUP - https://www.facebook.com/groups/whipitup/




No comments:

Post a Comment